- Book 6 nights or more, save 10%
- All weekend stays: 2 nights minimum
- All bookings between June 30 and Labor Day: 2 nights minimum
- Any stay around Fourth of July or Labor Day: 3 nights minimum
- All rates based on double occupancy. $10 each additional guest.
- Cancellation policy: 14 days advance notice, please.
Check-in and Check-out: Check-in time is between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. Check-out is by 11:00 a.m. If your arrival or departure is different, please let us know and we will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
Rates: Rates range from $120 to $225 per night based on double-occupancy and are subject to change. There is a $10/night fee for each additional person in the room. All charges subject to 6% state tax.
- Two-night minimum for any stay between June 30 and September 5. Three-night minimum for Fourth of July and Labor Day.
- Two-night minimum for any stay that includes a Saturday: this can be either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- Multiple room reservations and/or extended stays may qualify for discounts – please contact us for details.
- Sorry, we cannot accommodate your pets.
Cancellation Policy: We require a deposit equal to one night’s stay when reserving a room. If you must cancel, please allow at least 14 days’ notice and we will refund your deposit, less a $25 fee. If you must cancel with fewer than 14 days’ notice, you will forfeit your deposit. We accept credit cards, personal checks and cash.
Breakfast: Wheeler House B&B guests are served breakfast in the dining room. Coffee service with Leelanau Roasters coffee is available by 7:30 am. Breakfasts are home-made, featuring local fruit and produce and Dan’s sourdough bread. Menus alternate between egg-based dishes (such as quiche) and grain-based items (such as waffles).
Guest Cottage rooms and suites do not receive full breakfast. House-baked breakfast breads and juice are provided in these rooms, which have have coffee makers supplied with coffee, teas, cream and sugar. Each Guest Cottage room has a kitchenette or bar sink with microwave, refrigerator, dishes and utensils, and small dining area.
Room amenities and climate: Our historic buildings do not have air conditioning. Rooms have ceiling fans and/or oscillating pedestal fans, and screened windows open to enjoy the lovely breezes from Lake Michigan. For cooler weather, the rooms in the Dixie and Shedd Cottages have gas fireplaces and electric room heaters. Every guest room has HD television and Wi-Fi, private bath with hair dryer, soaps and shampoo, and access to iron and ironing board.
Housekeeping: Rooms are freshened each day of your stay. This includes tidying the bed and bath, and re-stocking coffee supplies in the suites. Sunset Lodge is committed to protecting the environment of Leelanau with thoughtful use of energy and water. Bath towels are replaced if requested, and bed sheets are changed after three days. Please bring your own beach towels.
Smoking: All of Sunset Lodge’s buildings are smoke-free. In addition, please refrain from smoking within 150 feet of building entrances and common seating areas such as patios and porches.